Posted by Happy Homemaker UK


Seven years ago
when it was announced the Olympics would come to London
my husband turned to me and said
'We should go'


Our tickets :)


Little did we know then
not only would be seeing the Olympic Games,
but we would be living here to witness
the Olympic Torch Relay,
The Diamond Jubilee and The Royal Wedding

Boy, do I feel like we totally won the lottery!

The last two years have been magical
Each event has been a 10 out of 10




Last night we stayed up until 1am to watch the Opening Ceremony
Did you watch it too?

I particularly loved the 'doves', the torch, and the fireworks
The British seemed to have loved the big event too
which had been shrouded in mystery

Today,
Day One of the Olympics,
we walked to a nearby village to watch 
the men's cycling road race


My son's view of the race


They went by so fast that had I blinked, I would have missed it!
Everyone was in a great mood
and the weather was gorgeous


Congratulations to gold medalist, A.Vinokurov of Kazakhstan in blue & yellow


Who am I rooting for?
The US
Great Britain
and 
Costa Rica

When I lived in Costa Rica in 1996
Claudia Poll won the country's second medal ever
which happened to be a gold!
(200 m freestyle swim in Atlanta)

Her medal meant SO MUCH to the country

Claudia became a national hero, putting Costa Rica on the Olympic map
In fact, when she flew home,
the Costa Ricans were outside
all over the country
with mirrors to reflect light toward her airplane
as a way to say congratulations, we're proud of you,
and welcome home

I've never seen anything like it
and I'll never forget it

Knowing there are few Costa Ricans here to support their eleven athletes,
I'm happy to holler :)


Police giving lots of 'high fives'
I'd still be there if this End Of Race car hadn't driven by
I was ready for more :)


Lucky me, 
RED WHITE AND BLUE
works to support the Great Britain, USA,
and Costa Rican teams

Go Great AmeRica! 
(get it?)

Stay tuned
I'll be showing you more over the next few weeks :)

- all photos by me and my kiddos -


More Summer Olympics posts:
Olympic Beach Volleyball
A Day At The Olympic Park
London Dressed For The Olympics 
Behind The Scenes: An Olympic Opening Ceremony Performer 
Summer Olympics: I Just Can't Get Enough 
The Olympic Torch 
'Signs' The Olympics Are Coming 
Let The Games Begin: An Olympic Tour in 2011



0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top