Posted by Happy Homemaker UK

Spring is here!
I've been waiting a year to make a trip to the royal Savill Garden in Windsor
Enjoy its deliciousness...




Spring Magnolia (many Champion varieties) 


The daffodil is the Welsh national flower
and may have been brought to Britain by the Romans


In The Valley Gardens


Daffodils as far as the eye can see

I love the crocuses planted with daffodils


...I wandered lonely as a Cloud

That floats on high o'er Vales and Hills,

When all at once I saw a crowd

A host of dancing Daffodils;

Along the Lake, beneath the trees,
Ten thousand dancing in the breeze... 

-William Wordsworth


Delightful winding paths


There is nothing like a warm clear day in England

Happy Spring to you!

- all photos by me -


Poem: here
History: '100 Flowers and How They Got Their Name' by Diana Wells
Garden: Savill Garden and The Valley Gardens
Another daffodil post here

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top