In January I applied for a press pass
for the 2013 RHS Chelsea Flower Show




I had to submit previous Chelsea Flower Show articles I had written
(fortunately I had covered it for the last two years on my blog)

And my request was approved in March

It was an unforgettable day!
Here, pull up a chair :)

I bee-lined it to the Press Tent to collect the 'Photocall Schedule'
which listed where celebrities would be at appointed times for photo ops

It had me running around the grounds like a scavenger hunt - too fun!

First I saw Emilia Fox at Prince Harry's
B&Q Sentebale Forget-Me-Not Garden




then Dame Helen Mirren at the Burncoose stand in the Great Pavilion






followed by Ringo Starr opening the WaterAid Garden
with his wife Barbara Bach




I missed Helena Bonham Carter by a few minutes
at the 'As Nature Intended' garden

Lots of local celebrities were walking around
and a photographer would ask them if s/he could take their photo




My friend, Suzy, is my garden partner-in-crime 
She usually accompanies me on most of my gardening shoots
and we've always gone to the show together in the past

This year we were separated as I had a solo press pass,
and she worked the gala event at the show just a few hours after I'd left

Although Prince Harry didn't turn up for 'my' Press Day yesterday, 
he did show up at 'Suzy's' gala event last night


Garden designer Jinny Blom with Camilla, Prince Charles, Prince Harry
at B&Q Sentebale Forget-Me-Not Garden


The Queen looking lovely in lavender


Prince Harry teamed with B&Q to highlight his charity, Sentebale,
which cares for vulnerable children affected by HIV in Lesotho
(Prince Harry did his gap year in Lesotho)

Jinny Blom not only designed this garden,
but also designed the 'Healing Garden' with Prince Charles
for the Chelsea Flower Show in 2002

I can't wait to show you more gardens

Watch for my next post ;)

- photos 1-6 by me 
7 & 8 by Suzy Wood -


More 2013 Chelsea Flower Show Posts:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top