Ooh, that was so fun! Thank you to everyone who participated in my 'Look Smart For The Day' contest last week :) The answer is...
The design for the flag was created by local art teacher Grantley W. Prescod and was chosen from an open competition arranged by the Barbados government. Over a thousand entries were received for the flag design.
Interesting facts about Barbados:
- Ruled as an English colony from 1627 - 1966
- Geologically made of coral and mostly surrounded by coral reefs
- Lies just outside the principal hurricane strike zone
- Maintains the third largest stock market exchange in the Caribbean region
- Hosted the 2007 Cricket World Cup
I'd like to send a gold star to Charmaine
for answering the question correctly
And I'm sending you, my lovely readers, on a mental vacation to beautiful Barbados to get this new week started right. That's right, just park your car anywhere :)
[You're Invited! If you enjoyed this post, please consider following: www.HappyHomemakerUK.blogspot.com ]