Posted By Happy Homemaker UK


Deprived of taking photos at Prince Charles's Highgrove,
I was itching to photograph a garden
Almost any garden would do!

But I decided to trek to Hidcote Manor Gardens
which has sat at the top of my must-see list for years

It is one of the best-known and most influential
British gardens from the Arts and Crafts movement

Previous owner, Lawrence Johnston, was a friend 
to other innovative gardeners of his time
including Gertrude Jekyll and Vita Sackville-West

You can see the commonality in their hardy flower borders,
white garden, and garden of rooms

All such a visual delight!

Come on in :)




You know I'm a sucker for thatched houses
(now houses the gardeners - luckies!)




Like a fairytale,
just missing the damsel...




17th Century Hidcote Manor
in classic Cotswold stone




One of the many 'rooms' in this 15 acre garden






Beehives among the wildflowers





With lots of busy-bee gardeners working,
there were loads of wheelbarrows just begging to be photographed




My postcard attempt with fun filters
Loving the girlie Japanese anemones




Spied this down the street...

Can't you just picture this handmade sign
being a Mother's Day gift a few years ago?




Floral eye candy everywhere I looked :)
Yum!

- all photos by me -
More info: Hidcote

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top