Posted By Happy Homemaker UK


Feeling too shy
I've never really done a bio before
but trying to 'up my game' a little as a blogger 
I added this 'About' page today

Perhaps this will reveal a little more about me to you? 


Hi! I'm Laura, an American mom living in southeast England since 2010. I live on a quiet pebbled lane with horses (not ours) across the street and woods at the end of the road. My husband, two kids, and a deaf cat are an integral part of my life story.

Lucky for me, we relocated to an island of beautiful gardens, delightful architecture, and delicious history & literature. Imagine, all my favs in one country! Wonderful soul food surrounds me :)

I write about all things English: day trips, local attractions, gardens, history, current events, and differences between American and English cultures.  I can't resist a good story and photographing pretty places!

In my former American life, I designed bespoke children's clothing for four years which were sold online, in boutiques and at home shows. How I loved putting together wacky fabric combinations, finished with ribbon or ric-rac to pull it all together. Cutting fabric was my zen. It was a seven-days-a-week job with three others helping with sewing at times. I don't miss it, but I do reflect fondly on those years.

So, welcome to a peek into my world - pull up a chair, grab a cozy blanket, and enjoy a cup of tea. It's wonderful to have you here!

So now, I wonder if you have any questions for me?
About blogging? Being an expat? Anything
This may guide me for a future post
Thanks for taking a moment to comment or email, if you please :)

HappyHomemakerUK@gmx.co.uk

Questions answered here:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top