I don't know about you, but it seems pink is everywhere at the moment. It's Pantone's colour of the year, House Beautiful has just devoted a whole issue to it, and I couldn't be happier. I love it in all it's forms, but personally, I like it best when it's paired with a strong, complementary colour to add depth and contrast. For many years, my most popular paintings were huge works on canvas, full of peonies, roses and lillies, and pink was often the feature colour. Whether it is the faintest shade of blush, or a full-blown magenta, I think there's a pink for everyone. My youngest daughter's bedroom was, until fairly recently, painted a vibrant, shocking pink, paired with bedlinen in bright aqua. I absolutely loved it, and although it's now all white, I still manage to sneak a few hits of pink in now and then. Looking through these, I doubt I'll have any trouble coming up with new ideas for my Interior Portraits series any time soon. And the best part - I get to 'decorate' a new room whenever I like, even if it's just with the stroke of a paintbrush. Oh, and it's a lot quicker, with next to no mess (oh, ok, quite a bit of mess actually, but you know what I mean).

jonathan berger

hot pink + blue and white ginger jar = perfection


krista ewart via house beautiful

round hill jamaica - need I say more?

allison caccoma design via house beautiful

house beautiful

jonathan berger

some de gournay deliciousness 



housetohome.co.uk

What about you - are you in the pink?  

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top