Morning all, how the heck are you?

I've just sat down with a coffee, after the usual morning mayhem that happens every weekday around here. My two youngest are in their final years of high school, and my eldest is at Uni, so mornings are usually a frenzy of lunches, uniforms, and rush, rush, rushing. To make matters worse, my guys have a fairly long bus trip to school, so we have early starts and late afternoons. For me, the end of the holidays is always a wrench. I love how things are so relaxed and laid-back, and I'm always sad when they come to a close.

As soon as I started my blog reading this morning, I saw the lovely Kerry's post, and it really struck a chord. She writes of her guilt over a lazy weekend, and I know she's definitely not alone there. It seems we're all so busy being busy, it's hard to stop and just 'be'. Crazy, yes, but so, so common.

So, it got me thinking - since when did  indulging in a little restorative down-time become taboo? I'm not sure, but one thing I do know - today, I'm going to celebrate a little bit of R&R, completely guilt-free.  Enjoy.

my pool, where I spent lots of guilt-free time this weekend










0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top