Posted by Happy Homemaker UK

Lucky me
I attended the RHS Chelsea Flower Show this week

It is always a mind-blowing event
that pushes the limits

I am always amazed by the creativity seen at this sold-out, five day show
that hosts 157,000 visitors over its 11 acres in London annually


by Birmingham City Council


It is a competitive event
with designers and growers vying for awards such as
Best Show Garden, Plant Of The Year,
and other 'best in show' categories

You can see why it is the world's most famous flower show,
like a fashion catwalk in the garden world

Check this out...

Ever wonder what an orchid tree might look like?




If I remember correctly, water-filled test tubes were hand-tied onto branches
to hold each orchid stem

Magnificent! 

Orchids were definitely popular this year


Big use of orchids by Pattaya City & Nong Nooch Pattaya Tropical Garden


Loving this clever interpretation of Monet's 
Bridge Over A Pond Of Water Lilies


Made of plant material
by Inspired Impressions


Larger installations were housed outside The Great Pavilion

Depending on category, exhibitors had
two to three weeks to set up to make it look perfect
(which must have been difficult in the heavy rain of late)

Isn't this 'Plant Explorers Garden' just delightful?


by Scottish Agriculture College


I must admit I was smitten by the Artisan Retreat section
Wouldn't you love to blog from here?


by Orla Kiely


A huge fan of all things Orla, I asked if she happened to be there
Sadly I missed her by a day

Look at this a scrumptious space


by VV Rouleaux


And this one is so cheery and welcoming


by Kaffe Fassett


The day was a feast for the eyes and creative soul
:)

- all photos by me -

Read last year's RHS Chelsea Flower Show post here

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top