Posted by Happy Homemaker UK


With the darkest day of the year approaching, I can't help but notice that it is dark when I wake the kids for school, and dark again by 4:30p. Did you know London is on the same latitude as Canada and Russia? Thanks to a friendly jet stream, the polar temperatures live further north most of the time.

A friend nearby has 4 hens in her backyard to provide eggs throughout the year. She has a timer on a light to extend their 'daylight hours' so they will continue to lay eggs in the winter. 

Although a few trees still have leaves turning, most have fallen. Evergreen trees, broad-leaf shrubs, and berries provide classic Christmas colors of red and green. The surprise snow from last week has melted. Curiously a neighbor's rose continues to bloom, and the grass is green.  Each morning the pavement is wet, although no rain falls overnight. It is chilly, but not 'shivering cold' like last week.

Christmas time is now in full bloom.

Outdoor Ice Skating at Natural History Museum, London

Regent's Street, London

High Street, Guildford, Surrey

Santa has placed gifts under an artificial Christmas tree my entire life. At first, it was due to my allergies, and then due to my sappy love for trees (didn't have the heart to cut one). But my husband is feeling reminiscent of his childhood days and wanted to have a real one this year. So yesterday we made our way to a local Tree Farm.


My husband told me all Christmas Tree sellers use chainsaws to clean up the tree and a contraption to net the tree for the trip home. I'm not sure all use a 'wand', however :) As a first time observer, I found the whole process fascinating.

View Of Our Christmas Tree From Outside House

It made my husband so darn happy to pick out and trim the tree. I have to say, our real tree smells lovely and looks very pretty. 

FOR SALE: One Artificial Christmas Tree 


XO Laura

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top