So, my dilemma is this - can I take a tired, outdated relic, albeit with good bones and great location, and inject at least a few of my favourite style elements? Or is it just too hard? I think I can, but you know, those doubting Thomases' are sometimes hard to ignore. 

Ok, here's a bit of background info. I live in a dark brick, 70's/80's style home, but what I really want is this:

















And I have to say, it doesn't help when I'm surrounded by super-stylish examples of my blog friends' gorgeous homes, that, of course, are in exactly the style I love:



Beach-chic perfection - handiwork of the gorgeous Judy of Verandah House




of course, many of you will already be familiar with the lovely A-M's home - need I say more?




...and oh my, Sharnel's home is as gorgeous as she is!

I've had so many people tell me to knock it down and start again, but in this financial climate it seems so wasteful and irresponsible to demolish a perfectly good home in the pursuit of the right 'look'. Now don't get me wrong, many of the above examples are far beyond what I have in mind for my home, but you get the idea. My brilliant solution (to my mind anyway) of covering our ugly brick with weatherboard is met with howls of protest and scorn from every male I've been foolish enough to mention it to. Is it really that silly an idea? I can't see the problem, and I don't believe that rendering is the only remedy. I think a combination of render and weatherboard could look great, but as it's a little out of the box, I'm finding it hard to garner much support.

So it's over to you, my stylin' friends - what do you think? Could it work? Do you have any other ideas for me - if so, I'm all ears. And I'm going to print out all your fabulous ideas and brandish them as proof, whenever I'm met with resistance. 

You know, I'm almost tempted to give it a go myself on my art studio........I'm sure my husband has another work trip organised in just a few weeks......!!

Have a great day everyone,




0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top