Posted by Happy Homemaker UK

When we moved to England, we sold our house in the US and brought everything with us. We have had a mourning period for the home we left behind. {Sigh} We loved that house - my canvas for home decor, our sacred space full of so many memories, the house we brought newborn Little G home to

Now we are renting a lovely Victorian home built around 1898 that oozes character. Except for an unhung  mirror (major procrastination), I think I can officially say we have settled in :)

Love the original door & window design

Bristles in mail slot keep the house warmer (so clever)

Renting this house actually has freed me of my design obsession. No more sewing curtains, pouring over paint colors, or ripping out inspirational magazine pages (well, not as many anyway). This home is imperfectly perfect for us, and there's not much we can do with it anyway. Who knew renting would calm my mind? At least for now?

Kitchen Window

Kitchen + Blogging HQ

I am posting photos of our home to help friends, family, and readers picture us here. Photojournaling is also a way for me to document and see the loveliness in the 'now'

Love all the molding


I love vignettes and little 'creatures' around the house. The movers thought I was crazy to have brought so many animals across the ocean. What do they know?!

Playroom

Felt Birds in Playroom Window

I mostly decorate with items from Goodwill, Target, Pottery Barn Teen, and local artists. I like the challenge of having an eclectic style on a small budget.

Everything is so expensive here, I have bought almost nothing beside necessities. I hope to find some flea markets soon :)

Reading Nook (and dog hang-out)

One fun thing about putting this house together was taking everything out of boxes and setting it in a room. To decorate the house, I went 'shopping' in that room filled with things I love.

I wonder what new memories this new house will hold for us. I hope you have enjoyed a tour of our new home :) 

XO Laura

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top